Why do I need a Career Coach?
When you first think about engaging a career coach to help with your job search, you’ll probably come up with all sorts of reasons why you should do your job hunting by yourself. Our culture of rugged individualism wants us to be able to do everything all by ourselves. But career coaching can help at any point in your job search. Think of it as hiring a knowledgeable advisor who is available when you need a boost or specific job-hunting guidance.
A Career Coach can Help:
- plan your job-hunting campaign
- decipher why to customize your resume and cover letter for each job
- guide you on how to grow your networking circles
- discuss ways to research companies and individuals
- offer advice on your career transition
- develop your storyline about any “problem” areas of your resume – employment gaps, education deficiencies, past job firings
- strategize ways to uncover insider job listings
- match your experience with job requirements
- prepare answers to likely interview questions
- keep you motivated on those inevitable “low” days
Personal Professional Financial (PPF)
Search for Job Descriptions Part 1
Search for Jobs Part 2
Write SMARTer Resume & Cover Letters
Exiting Existing Job
When you’re ready to engage a job search partner, consider one of the combined packages that bundle career coaching with other valuable services – resume help, practice interviews, comprehensive guide to SMART Job Hunting.